Saturday, March 21, 2015

The trip back

Our  wake up call was at 4:30 AM.

The hotel provided coffee, tea, and toast.  Gate 1 had a representative to help us get settled at the Lima airport. 

I have not done many tours, so I don't have much to compare to, but I have to say that Gate 1 was fantastic.  We bought the tour on Groupon for a steal, and we got more than our money's worth with the Gate 1 tour. There was someone there every step of the way. They dealt with everything in the background (our bags, our tickets, our transportation, supplying bottled water- they even got a doctor to make a hotel call on someone who had severe altitude sickness!) so we could focus on enjoying our trip.  I never really thought much about tours before, but I will absolutely book another Gate 1 trip.  It didn't hurt that we had a great group. Everyone was so nice, and we all compared notes on other trips we've taken. It felt nice to be with my people. 

Anyway, the airport was ok. You don't have to take your shoes off in the security line! Customs was easy and efficient. Our gate did change, and we had to mill around waiting for them to unlock the new gate, but otherwise it went fine.


We waited here forever.  In fact, we're still in this line.  Send food.
I was seated in an exit row, so I had first class quality leg room! Poor Kirk was in the row behind me- poor guy!  We even got food and wine on the flight. The flight was uneventful otherwise. LAN airlines, you're all right!

So. Awesome.

We are going to stay in Miami overnight, but don't have plans. We will not have a car this time around, so we are limited in what we can do. A good dinner and early bedtime sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment